Friday, October 28, 2011

I knew this would happen

Earlier in the year I thought that perhaps I would make some wraps, balls, elephants and bibs to perhaps try and sell in an etsy shop or something and I had the end of November as a cut off date to get it all done. November is rapidly approaching and I haven't completed half of what I wanted to complete. I need to get a move on don't I? plus Sophie's birthday and promised party is around 15th November which will distract me for a few days too. I knew it would happen. I knew I would leave things to the last minute and then have some late nights. Serves me right for not plodding along at a steady pace.

Other fabulous news is that I was given this fantastic material as a gift. What a lucky girl I am. They are all cotton interlock/knit material which I love to use as a backing for flannel or minkie for wraps. I really like the warm soft side and then having a more light weight summer side to them. My favourite is the little birds one. It is an incredibly soft knit material and I know Olivia was looking at it. I think she will have to miss out this time. Which is your favourite?







I made a blanket/wrap earlier in the year for my nephew Noah, which I blogged about here and Jemma (my sister) used it in his bed over the summer when heavier bedding was no longer required, and in his pram. They do live in England so a warmish blanket/wrap is still required at night there at times, even in summer time.

I can not wait to get to these gorgeous materials and make them up. 

It is craft night tonight and come hell or high water Edward elephant is getting finished. He has been hanging around unfinished for too long now and I want it done. Then I have 3 elephants ready to be sold. Gosh I hope they sell, fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous present to receive!!! My favourite is the fourth from the bottom, with the bright flowers. Good luck finishing Edward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the owls! So cute. Good luck with the etsy store.

    ReplyDelete