Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Where has my Mojo gone?

If you have been popping in here and all you have been seeing is a big fat nothing new, I am really sorry. I seem to have lost my Mojo. It has well and truely gone and I am trying to get life back in order so that perhaps I can find it again. I really hope that that works.

Things have been happening and have been on my mind so I need to write them down, then perhaps I can move forward a bit.

Todd has been gone on a trip, his annual company conference in Phoenix, Arizona and so before he went the house was busy with washing, ironing and packing and lists as he is a real list man. He did most of the washing and ironing himself whilst I had a day out at a conference for the day. I attended a conference for women called Time Out For Women.

It was an incredible day. For those of you reading this that are not of my faith I will explain quickly what it was about - this was a conference attended only by women with speakers who share our faith and whilst keeping it very real spoke to us all and encouraged us all to live a life which is filled with faith, hope, optimism and a love for Jesus Christ. We were encouraged to resolve to change 1 thing in our lives that is stopping us from BECOMING. Becoming what? well what ever we want, a stronger woman physically, spiritually, mentally, a better mother, a better wife. I know that there are a lot of things that I have neglected and don't do and rather than feel guilty about all the things that I am not doing I felt empowered to change 1 thing that will make a change to me mentally or spiritually or physically and once done that then do one more thing. I'm not going to jinx myself with laying all that bare here yet but 2 things are being worked on, 1 for the girls and 1 for me. So far so good. I'm feeling good about the direction that we are moving in, perhaps good habits are starting to be made again.

Initially I was very unsure as to what the conference would entail, I mean I know that there was going to be people speaking to us but only 4 and they were going to talk all day, and I had heard rumours and I thought hmmm not sure about this. Infact my friend and I had a plan B and a plan C for the day if plan A - actually attending the conference wasn't what we wanted it to be. The B and C plans did include visiting the new Costco and Ikea which are just down the road. However I am pleased to announce that these were not even thought about once the day began and we had the best day. I was uplifted, I laughed, I felt a part of something new, I felt rejuvenated and bolstered in my resolve to live the way we do and I had time out with friends. Fantastic. I really really enjoyed it. Apparently there is talk of them coming to Melbourne next year and Katie and I have already said that we would book our tickets and go down for the weekend.

If you ever get a chance to go GO. It was $40 very well spent for me and a fun day out.

Todd is home tonight after being away for 9 days so normality will resume once again until Saturday when he leaves again this time just up to Brisbane but for 10 days. Perhaps I can get some sewing in in the next couple of days.

In conjunction with this awesome conference where I had resolved to change one thing that has become a burden to me for a really long time, I had a bit of a blast from my past contact me on facebook wanting to be my friend. I was stunned. It has been 16 years since I saw or heard from this person, I was really keen to find out what he had been doing with his life and so I accepted his friend request. Not surprisingly I have been a bit nostalgic about years gone by this week and some old music got pulled out which made me smile but also in a good way it has made me think about where I am now. Not literally but am I living fully? am I happy with me? how is older Samantha different to younger Samantha and does some young Samantha need to be found or lost? do I need to reassess and put into action some things that perhaps may make me feel better about me? We can so easily get stuck in a rut can't we and always other people seem to come first before us. 

Well I have been in a very deep rut for a really long time and it is time for change. I started the change by cutting my hair and changing the colour slightly. Just this small change has made me feel so much better this week or so. I really like the cut and colour, I feel better and so better choices have been made, I have been to the gym, eaten healthier and I feel good.

Long may it continue and may it help me to find my sewing mojo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment