Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Les Miserables

Really all I want to say is go and see this film. I was transfixed for the 3 hours that it runs. I laughed, I cried and I jumped (as in I was shocked) and I left filled with beautiful music and touching, heartwrenching acting. Truely wonderful.

Here is a snippit.


There has been lots of talk about the film, but I thought I would share my thoughts. 

Hugh Jackman is faultless, if I had to pick a part of the film I really loved of him was near the end when he realises that Cosette and Marius really do love one another and that he is old and won't be around forever and it is time to let Cosette go to Marius. The emotion in his face and singing whilst at the barracades, loved it, and of course his soliloquy, Am I a man. 

Anne Hathaways' Fantine is heart wrenching, I dare anyone to watch her have her head shaved and listen to her sing I dreamed a dream as she really has reached rock bottom in her life and not be moved. Outstanding. 

Russell Crowe as Javert is stone cold as the character requires. Javert has my favourite song called Stars to sing and even though in the stage show the person playing Javert usually has a lower toned voice than Russell I still loved it and sang along (very quietly).  

Eddie Redmayne and Amanda Seyfried as Marius and Cosette were lovely, but Samantha Banks as Eponine, wow. Her version of I loved him, incredible. I had goose bumps on my arms and tears streaming.

If you see it let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment