Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do you Shazam?

Do you Shazam? Do you know what it is? If you don't then I will fill you in. It is the most awesome app, that when you tap it, it 'listens' to the music that is playing and will then tell you the title of the song and the artist singing it. How totally cool is that? ! Yep, very, I know.

As you may or may not be aware I am involved in the youth program in my church, which is a program that is for girls and boys aged 12-17 where they have their own Sunday school lessons, separate lessons for the girls and boys and separate and joint activities. Naturally the kids want to dance and so such activities are put on and last weekend it was the turn of Baulkham Hills (my area) to 'host' a dance. This means being in charge of decorations, a theme if you want one, food and advertising the event. I am really sad to say that I didn't get any pictures of the whole thing but the kids did a great job. Wednesday eve we spent a couple of hours putting up decorations including a spiders web of streamers across the hall to give a feeling of a lower ceiling, top hats strung up, paper hats on fishing wire across the room, painting pictures of different types of hats, balloons and the food and drink in the hall area. There was lots of dancing, more kids than normal there, groans when it was time to end, and even this old leader got up and had a groove when Arrested Development and Montell Jordan were played. 1992-1995 tunes were just brilliant.

What has all this got to do with Shazam you ask. Well, Friday night was the dance and being 'old' and not having a working radio in my car, there were loads of songs that were played that I didn't know what they were and who they were by. I Shazamed a lot through out the evening downloaded the songs off itunes and now I have a new playlist! Totally awesome.    

So download Shazaam, for free, you get about 5 tags a month for free and get yourself a new playlist. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment